Friday 1 March 2013

Cookery beginnings

Kaas and Kimchi

I already have a blog, but I've had the idea to write a cookbook for a long time. I thought it would be nice to have all the recipes in a seperate blog. I've named it Kaas and Kimchi. I was born in Korea. If you think Korea and food, the first thing that should pop up in your head is Kimchi. It's the national dish. One can survive as long as one has rice and kimchi is a saying in Korea. My husband is Dutch. Think of food and Holland (the Netherlands to be politically correct) and you'll think of cheese. Gouda, Edam, Dutch hard cheese. We have three beautiful children (as a mom I have the prerogative to brag) and they were all born in countries where English is spoken. That is why I put the "and" in English, but left the Kaas in Dutch. I contemplated to put the Kimchi in Hangul, but I thought that might be a bit too difficult to read for most.

fam

My husband came up with the title and when he did it brought back memories of real kaas and kimchi. When I was younger if we were a little peckish, this would be something which would be a favorite for us to eat. The combination is not an apparent one, but it melts in the mouth. A simpler snack than this would be hard to find. Just take a bit of cheese, it can be a slice or you can cut them in small blocks. Add some kimchi and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment